Guest curators for the inaugural [ON]now exhibition are our friends at SISTERED in Portland, ME
Who May Apply: Artists with a strong connection to Maine (through full or part-time residency, exhibiting, creating artwork or studying here), working in any medium.
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted from October 15 - November 15 through Submittable. You will be prompted to create an account and:
- Complete the application. Please provide your contact information, including your mailing address, email, phone number, website and social media handle (if available).
- Submit a current resume PDF. Please do not exceed 3 pages. Please title file: Lastname_resume
- Submit a current artist statement PDF. Please do not exceed 150 words. Please title file: Lastname_statement
- Work in all media will be considered. Keep in mind when selecting work that [ON] now exhibitions exist exclusively online, work submissions should translate well to screen viewing and social media.
- Upload up to 4 images, video and/or audio clips:
File formats accepted: jpg, pdf, mp3, mov. Images must be 1920 pixels on the longest side. Audio and video files must not exceed 10M. Links to video are also accepted. Please title files: number_last name_title_year of work. Works must be numbered in the order you would like them viewed. For numbers 1-9, please add a zero in front. Eg: 01_Doe_Untitled_2019.jpg or 02_Doe_Untitled_detail_2019.jpg.
- Submit an image description list PDF, including title, date, and medium in numerical order corresponding with the uploaded images. You may also include a brief background description (50 words or less) related to the images. Please include photo credit if applicable. Please title file: Lastname_imagelist
- Applicants will be notified of selections by end of November by email.
For assistance, please contact Justine Kablack at email@example.com